Friday, December 18, 2009

And they say it never snows in Hamburg.

That would be false. We've seen snow three or four different times now. It's nothing spectacular, but it is there and white and fluffy and makes the world soft and quiet and smell like clean freshness. It makes me feel calm and frolickful all at once. I kindof love it.
Lastnight was the Christmas party for we theater kids. Not too many people came because it was a Thursday or for whatever other reason, but it was wonderful all the same. Basically it entailed my director and I and a few others sitting around drinking Glühwein, eating my chocolate almond cookies, and talking about New Mexico, as she is from the ABQ area. After several hours of this, I walked to the bus stop and back home in the freshly fallen snow and felt completely happy just being. It wasn't too cold and the city felt so still and peaceful (also due to it being past midnight, but shh) that I smiled all the way home. Once back in my room, I opened up one of my windows balcony-style and sat on my windowsill for a while just looking out at everything. 'Twas just one of those moments.

1 comment:

  1. Who said that? I never said that.

    Today's Google non-word: froph - to beat lightly and lovingly with a dead fish.

    ReplyDelete