Tuesday, February 21, 2012

In which looking out the window brings a chuckle.

Witnessed 8:42am: Classic Hamburg Parking.


However, I think I'd give the prize for the Most Creative Parking to Smart cars, at least in this fine city. They appear to find themselves far superior to parking laws and whenever a controller struts over to write up a reprimand, the Smart just bats its windshield wipers at them adoringly and thus flirts its way out of a ticket. I have no idea why this association came into being, but whenever I see a wee liddow smaht cah parked diagonally/on a sidewalk/in a shopping cart/on a rooftop/wherever, I am always reminded of the dolphin complaints in Finding Nemo. I mean, really, they just think they're soooo cute.

...At least that's how I feel when I'm driving the paternal parental unit's bright yellow Smart convertible. It fits EVERYWHERE! Why take up an entire parking spot when I could courteously save it for an SUV and make up my own?

...Or not.

1 comment:

  1. I see a bunch of little cars parked oddly, but where are the smarts?
    I had to drive a Camry for a week recently and was sure glad to get "Jaunty" back. Nothing like parking where no one else can!

    ReplyDelete