Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thanks for such a person.

This afternoon the internets told me that Mary Travers had died and to my surprise, I immediately burst into tears. I just can't believe it. She was so much of my growing up and I can't wrap my mind around the fact that she's no longer living. I've never been this affected by a celebrity passing. The extra sad thing is that most Germans did not begin as hippie children that grew up on powdered milk and PP&M, so no one here understands what this means to those of us that did. Good thing Mom was home when I called so I could have someone to commiserate with. Here's to you, Mary.

On a comptelely unrelated note, a few of us went strolling around the Alster lastnight, which was then followed by an all-new Wasserlichtkonzert (Water/light concert...) in the Planten un Blomen park. Things to be gathered from the evening:

1. Everyone should visit me.

&
2. Sometimes it's fun to live vicariously through the love lives of strangers.

2 comments:

  1. That kissing photo is amazing. Wow. It's absolutely perfect. That trumps all the ones I've ever seen of couples in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That couple photo makes me gloriously happy. Yay!

    ReplyDelete