Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"Oink, oink." *sniff*sniff*

I sure am starting to miss the sun around here, though I am aware that the gray, gray winter is just beginning. Why can't the weather just make up its mind between being sunny and really raining instead of just giving us this constant cold, damp, in-the-middle stage? Then again, I can't say I wasn't warned. : )

On a more theatrical level, Saturday was callbacks, Sunday we had a full read-through of the play, and yesterday we had our first rehearsal, which was more talking and discussing what we were getting ourselves into on a deeper level rather than acting. I have a personal rehearsal with the director on Friday and then another big group rehearsal on Sunday. I'm actually very happy and excited about having all of these rehearsals taking up my free time, as I have it in overabundance. So far everything has been an absolute blast and I'm excited for more. I also found out that we have ELEVEN PERFORMANCES in two weeks at the end of the semester. ELEVEN. This is more of a big deal than I thought!

Today I had class in the early morning and then went to a couple libraries trying to track down some of my school books. The ones the libraries didn't have I bought online, which cost me about 50 euro (80 bucks). That was better than the 110 euro I was going to have to spend if I bought them in the bookstore. Oy vey. Once home and after a quick nap and a grilled brie and tomato sandwich on rye, I thought about checking my university email to make sure my 4pm French class wasn't cancelled, but then didn't. Once back in the city at the Smith center, I checked anyway and sure enough, no class. I don't have choir until 7.30, so it's basically an afternoon wasted. At least I brought homework to do. Yay!

AH! Yet another BIG FAIL for the Deutsche Post: A while ago I called up the town office in Maine where I am registered to vote and asked for an absentee ballot for the Nov. 3 elections. I filled it out and mailed it as soon as it arrived a couple days ago and put some extra postage on it in case they wanted to be picky. Today it was back in my mailbox informing me that I needed MORE postage. Absentee ballot envelopes are abnormally long, and apparently it costs SIX EURO to send such a piddly little thing to the States. I would happily pay nine dollars to keep same-sex marriage legal in Maine; I'm now just worried about my vote getting there on time. Sigh.

However, I did find a store with pig snouts for sale and thus secured my Halloween costume idea for this weekend. I'll be going as Swine Flu. (Thanks to Erin for the suggestion.)

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, swiiine! Greta and I are doing something like that! Let's send each other pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete