Friday, October 23, 2009

Pre-sleep ponderings.

I made callbacks for the University Players! They take place tomorrow, so if you're up between 4-8am EST, think lucky thoughts for me. I'm really hoping to make it into this fab theater group because a.) it is fab, b.) I love me some acting, c.) it is surely full of fun people that I would want to be friends with, and d.) it's something that I love to do and feel I can do well, as it is in English, so that could help boost the self-esteem once the sun goes away and I'm tired of the brainstress of German everyeverywhere. Hope hope hope hope.

In other news, today:

1 Euro = 1.5028 U.S. dollars

Blechhhh. (Which I recently found out means metal sheet auf deutsch. Minus all the extra h's. Who knew!)

Speaking of $$$, a couple days ago I heard a little boy on a bus ask his mother what the "S with lines through it" meant.

Speaking of cute children on buses, yesterday I somehow ended up on a bus full of cute children who spontaneously decided to start singing a song they learned in school to the tune of Frere Jacques which involved cunning English lyrics such as "How are you today?" and "Fine, thank you." So that's why the Germans can speak English so well!

I've also finally figured out how the weather works. It's really quite simple : When I want it not to rain, I wear my rain boots. Yup.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the callback, I HOPE YOU GET THE PART! Hehehee. Hey, remember when that was the exchange rate between US and Canadian dollars? Good times!

    ReplyDelete