Saturday, May 8, 2010

A lovely daaay in Hamburg town.

Sorry, sorry, sorry. I got busy. But then I think most everyone is busy nowadays, what with classes finishing up, moving, and the like. Classes have been going well enough. I'm giving my first French presentation on Tuesday that I've so far had a hard time working on. Basically I'm just hoping for some great volcano of inspiration to erupt within the next couple days and spread good ideas in the air so thickly that it almost disrupts European air traffic. Almost.

A lot of my time has also been going into choir rehearsals and prompting for the University Players' one acts. Oh, and baking yummy things to feed the poor starving thespians. I'm enjoying working with them again and while I am also enjoying not having the pressure of acting myself, I do miss it. I'm not part of the real team anymore and I miss that feeling. However, I do not whatsoever regret not auditioning, as I am loving a more flexible schedule.

Aaaand then there's the time spent planning out travel, worrying about what to do for my potential Fulbright/DAAD project to potentially come back to Germany after I graduate (deadline is approaching fast and I'm still clueless and gusto-less, alas. Help?), still trying to finish up my Blumberg travel project after a couple months, and being both grumpy and a little worried that my foot hasn't actually healed like it had promised me. Among other things.

However, last week's weather was BEAUTIFUL, AHG! That means that I probably played outside a little too much when I should have been working on all the things I need to get done, but it was totally worth it. Also! Being so far north means that the sun didn't even set until after 9pm tonight despite the cold and dreary drizzle, which means that it feels so much earlier than it is, which means it's hard to be productive when one is used to working in the evening, which means that sleeping is disrupted, which means the world is a crazy place! And so it goes, and so it goes.

Here are photos from one lovely afternoon that Liz Chase and I spent playing in the city. Lovely, lovely, lovely.















And, of course, every day is made better with a gourmet mango cupcake. Did I mention that I love Hamburg?

2 comments:

  1. I remember coming back to the U.S. from Germany and going "Wait. Why is it dark outside?! It's only 10:00!!" It's amazing how fast you can become accustomed to something.

    I love all the daffodils! They're so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of the dock with a boat--all it need is a sign that says (in German) :
    5 MPH!
    No Wake!
    --with a person sleeping underneath it.....

    ReplyDelete