Monday, May 17, 2010

Post-midnight musings.

I love those little moments that happen when you most need them to remind you what a beautiful place the world can be. A couple weeks ago it was on the bus when a cute little doggie decided to rest his cold, wet nose on my foot. Last weekend I was on the bus again after a roller coaster day, listening to some peppy music to get my mood up when and old man sat in the seat next to me. I didn't really pay any attention to him as making contact with strangers in public places is kindof a faux pas in this part of the world, so I was surprised when he stood to get off, looked me directly in the eyes, and wished me a nice day. His expression was so kind and I felt so touched that my worries decreased significantly. Tonight I was walking home late from seeing Joanna Newsom live from the front row (which was INCREDIBLE) and as I was turning down my street, I saw the big white van parked in its usual spot and wondered when they'd painted the butterflies on top.


It wasn't until further investigation that I realized they were just shadows. Imaginary butterflies are happy all the same.

4 comments:

  1. Is it possible that we sat next to each other? I was the one who was not allowed to take pictures of the show and I think you had a camera, too. Maybe we can share our pics from the empty stage? Muahahaha. (And you're right: INCREDIBLE!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes. The "no photography" rule was a real bummer, especially with the guard right there. May I ask how you found my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Google Blogsearch "Joanna Newsom Hamburg", Ma'am!

    Wish you happy adventures in Deutschland and anywhere the wind blows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, they now have a blogsearch function? Amazing! Thanks for your well wishes and best to you as well!

    ReplyDelete