Thursday, May 20, 2010

Technology is nifty.

...And it has allowed me to participate (ish) in many a wonderful event from thousands of miles away. For example, I met Ladybug via Skype, the new family 3-legged wonderspaniel and watched her hop around gleefully.

I also watched Jesse's kickin' senior recital from the almost-front row.

And, my personal favorite, I witnessed Jesse's "mommy-eagle-warming-eggs-in-nest" dance.

Webcams have also enabled me to watch Smith's Ivy Day from afar. (From very far.)


And watch my dear dear dear Erin graduate from Loyola University Chicago.


...As well as the whole Smith College graduation ceremony, including Rachel Maddow's fantastic commencement address (which you should watch here!).

So thanks for that, technogeeks of the world. It makes home feel that much closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment