Friday, July 23, 2010

Grayscale at the Dom.

Hear ye, hear ye!

Let it be known throughout every ear in every land that Margaret hath completed her thecond themester of her junior year of college. Papers = done. JUCHHUUUU!

However, application doohickeys = still looming. Also, packing. I'm leaving Hamburg in five days? Codswallop.

Aber jetzt ist die Zeit für eine kurze Pause.

I just looked through these three-month-old photos for the first time, which just goes to show how updated I am with my German adventurings. The event is the Hamburger Dom, which is the big fair that comes to Hamburg not once, not twice, but three times a year. What amuses me about this title is that "Dom" actually translates into "cathedral," because I guess the first fairs were held in an old cathedral that no longer exists. (Something like that.) They like to brag that it's the largest Volksfest in this corner of the world, which, unlike the Renaissance festival I recently attended, I believe. It's huge. It's free. It's full of expensive loopdy-loops for thrill seekers and Bier, Wurst, and Schmalzkuchen for the gastronomically inclined. It is a feast for the senses and positively rampant with photographic possibilities. Here are a few from various visits.






2 comments:

  1. Hey Margaret, I thought you were coming back on August 3rd? In all your running around, don't forget to check your mail, ok? Something really nice is coming to you :-)

    Today is the canoe trip! Yaaay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, little one! So proud of you.

    ReplyDelete