Thursday, January 12, 2012

In which thespianism reigns.

Tomorrow my social life becomes subject to the slings and arrows of outrageous rehearsal and performance schedules-- a moodily-lit limbo in which it shall reside until the great advent of February. Suddenly seeing our sexy posters in very public places around the city has really revved up my excitement levels. To be revved or not to be revved is not even a question at this point.


One thing that I really love about theater is that I'm sometimes able to try on and live personalities that are so unlike mine it's laughable. That's what happened two years ago when I spent a semester metamorphosing into a crazy Russian drug dealer with fabulous hair, high heels, and an alcohol problem (see here). All I'm going to say this time is that, well, if you've ever wondered what it might be like to see me strut around on stage in heels and leopard-print spandex, you've got eleven whole chances to do so! And then, and then? Never again! The rest of the show is actually a lot more worth seeing than that, however. You can check out our website with info and our promotional photos here!

It's been really wonderful to be part of this special group of theater lovers again, what with being able to spend time with old friends and make new ones. Particularly new ones that read this blog from time to time. Love you, Giggles!

Looking across my room at the bookshelf, I have a perfect view of eleven delicious holiday cards that came from far and wide to stick themselves in my postbox. Thanks for those.

I'll leave you with my favorite mistranslations of the day:

3. With [cruise company] relaxation and the enjoyment of nature are always a priority, this is why it abstains from show performances or similar entertainment.

2. In addition also the youngest quests have their own area for playing and tumbling-around.

And finally, the one that sits most smiling on my heart:

1. On all [name] cruise ships there are no standards existing regarding to your clothing. Only in bars and restaurants sports or swimwear is inapplicable and gentlemen are advised to wear long trousers.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You're beautiful! That's--that's not MAKE UP you're wearing, is it??? Sure wish we could be there to cheer you on. Thanks for the other links, also. And the (mis)translations--they might even work for fortune cookie wrappers at Wing Wahs'! Mmllmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just received my play postcard!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could have seen your show! It looks like such an interesting production.

    ReplyDelete