Tuesday, January 31, 2012

In which we crawl back into the real world.

The Shakespearean adventures of the last many evenings/weeks have finally come to an end. 'Twas all marvelous good fun with truly marvelous people, though I am relieved to have myself back. 'Twas also exhausting. I'll share pictures at some point.

In other news, winter has finally arrived in Hamburg with a light (but devoted) layer of snow, ice on the Alster, sub-zero temperatures (Celsius, mind) and freshly frozen sunshine. There was a lovely moment  late at night after one of the last Hamletings which consisted of me walking home from the S-Bahn amidst the feathery sparkle fluff puffing around the air. It was cold enough that my eyeballs were icing over, but with this cold and this white came a cleanness that was wholly delicious. I felt like I was walking through a scene in a film that had been put on pause, it was so still and muted. (Ha, I first wrote "mutated", which I suppose would make it a zombie film. Mmm, brains.)

And speaking of brains, all the words in my brain are currently tangled in a big, sleepy mess and don't seem too keen on sorting themselves out any time soon, so I'll leave you with some more heart-warming translations from the world of cruise ships that are not floating on their sides off of idyllic Italian coastlines.

In addition, some outer cabins are featured with a luxury balcony. Let the breeze and the fresh sea air blow around your nose. 

Many stores invite you to extensive shopping-tours. Inside, you will find a multifarious assortment of products.

The balcony features wooden deck chairs, a table and a telescope for an incredible far-sightedness.

Furthermore the gym is perfect for everyone who wants to impoverish or calm down a guilty conscience.  

...Have you impoverished your guilty conscience today?

3 comments:

  1. I want some of that "incredible far-sightedness!" Maybe then I'd know what I should be when I grow up. i always thought Asian English was wonderful (remember the chop stix holders at Wing Wah's?) but this is even better. It's downright--poetic! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of chinese food in MAINE - check out my fortune from Chopsticks in Bangor:

    http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/423939_3226918791409_1219710007_5309656_347967765_n.jpg

    @Mmamallama, do you remember groundhogs' day celebration?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'know, I almost sent you a copy of "our play"--the TRUE story of the TRUE power behind Pawnxitawny Phil: Pawnxitauny Phyllis! We really should take it on the road, little one.

    ReplyDelete